Center for Bioethics and Social Justice
- A-133 East Fee Hall
- Pronouns: she/her/hers
Karla Bauer is the Unit Administrator and Fiscal Officer. She supports the Center’s Director by managing financial reporting, budget planning and administration, human resources, contract and grant management and organizational management in addition to serving as a liaison with central administrative and operational offices. Karla holds a research administration certification.
Karla joined the Center in 2020 and has worked on campus since 2005. She started her career at MSU in Pediatrics & Human Development right here in the College of Human Medicine. Karla has held similar positions in the colleges of Natural Science, Arts & Letters and Business. and is a member of the American Society of Administrative Professionals.
Current MSU Service
- Emergency Action Team (Police & Public Safety)
- Employee Assistance Program Advisory Committee (University Health & Wellbeing)
- WorkLife Office Outstanding Supervisor Award Committee (University Health & Wellbeing)
- MSU Administrative Professional Supervisors Association
- Membership Secretary
- Chair of Member Outreach Committee
- Member of Negotiations Committee for 2023-2027 contract
- American Society of Administrative Professionals